By definition, affiliate marketing is when you market or promote a product or service online and get paid for each referral you send to the merchant. As you are essentially looking at driving online traffic to the merchant’s website, having your own website where you can gather traffic to channel it forward makes great sense. Affiliate marketing is not impossible without your own website. However, if you are serious about your career and wish to make tons of money, having your own website is absolutely crucial. Let’s quickly see why.
3 Reasons why Having your Own Website is Crucial
1. Helps you Direct Traffic More Efficiently
When you have your own website, it is a place, where you can place your links, banners, and other promotional material. Your traffic generation strategies (whether PPC, organic SEO or others) become more focused towards driving traffic to your website from where it will be directed forward to the merchant’s site. Without having your own website, the campaign loses focus and effectiveness.
2. Several Affiliate Networks Require you to Have One
For some of the best affiliate networks with high converting offers, it is mandatory for affiliates to have their own websites. Membership will be denied if you do not have your own website. Some affiliate networks also offer ready made templates to help you create your own site once you have signed up with them.
3. It’s a Smart Business Decision
Having your own website is an investment that will help you in the long run. By offering regularly updated high value content you can create a list of loyal readers. Then, based on the preferences of your readers you can promote products or services they are looking for. And as you already have a relationship with them, they trust you, and they are more likely to heed your recommendation. This greatly increases your chances of conversion. Having your own website and a corresponding loyal list is great not just for one campaign. It is something that’ll help your business grow in the long term.
Tips to Set up Your Own Website
There are several options for creating your website within minutes and that too free of cost. You can just get on Google and search for ‘How to create a Website’ and you will be inundated by the number of results that return. Some of the more popular options include the following.
- Create a blog using Google’s Blogger or on WordPress. Both are free, and offer comprehensive step by step instructions to guide you through the process.
- Customize your website and make it look attractive/appealing by choosing the right theme. There are several excellent free themes available. You can also opt for premium themes if you feel the need to.
- Equip you website with basic plugins related to SEO, spam filter, enabling comments, social media, and more.
- The final step to making your website accessible to everyone via the internet is to host it online. Get in touch with a hosting service provider (Go daddy, Hostgator, and several more).You can start of with the basic package and upgrade as and when you feel the need to.
Congratulations. You now have a website up and running!