If you’re already on the Powerhouse Affiliate team then you already know all about CPA Marketing and the wonderful things it can do for your success and bank account. And if you’re not already crushing those commissions with CPA Marketing then what are you waiting for? Come join the winning team and learn all about what it takes to get things done the right way! Check us out right here… Powerhouse Affiliate
Absolutely shameless plug aside, this post is all about picking the right type of traffic to best suit your offers, what these traffic sources are and where they come from, not to mention why you would want to stick with the right traffic source for long-term profitability. So with all of that said, let’s get started!
Traffic “Tiers” Decoded
There are basically just three main traffic tiers you need to take into consideration when paying for traffic, we’ll go ahead and list these territories for you in just a moment but first a quick word on free traffic vs. paid and how it relates to this knowledge.
Yes, this knowledge is usually associated with paid traffic for the simple fact that when you deal with SEO you’re normally going to be dealing with traffic from whichever language your webpages are written in. Of course this means you’ll be seeing visitors from all over the planet but the majority of them will be concentrated around any country which uses your target language as their “official language”. What this means is that if your pages are written in English then you can expect to attract Tier One traffic for the most part as these tend to be primarily English-centric geo targets (geographic locations).
Tier One: Tends to be where the world’s most wealthy countries are listed. It also just so happens that most of these have a large number of English speaking residents so they are usually pretty friendly to offers which are written in English.
This is where most of the BIG FISH like to swim which means if you don’t have an ad budget in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS then you’re going to have a very hard time keeping up with your competition in many cases… unless you discover a niche with less competition and know you can get away with lower bidding strategies. Of course you are always able to test your luck with any niche under the sun, there are a lot of different Ad Networks out there, some of which will let you bid pretty low for your traffic so who knows, you just might be able to find your golden ticket in this traffic tier.
Quick note about junk traffic…
This tier one traffic is also where a TON of traffic fraud hangs out so be ready to test a lot of different sources in order to trash the garbage in favor of keeping the legitimate sources. Using tools like BeMob for tracking and filtering you should be able to build and maintain a profile of positive traffic sources to help you focus all of your effort and budget where it truly counts most while staying away from the money wasting junk.
Tier Two: Although you will find plenty of success with all three tiers of traffic you’re going to notice that this tier can tend to lead to lower payouts and that is perfectly okay. Along with lower payouts on average you also get the benefit of fewer competing offers, less traffic fraud (though this varies in many cases and still requires testing) and in many cases higher conversion rates because these territories are usually not “burnt out” from a flood of offers as tier one often times is. When you add these benefits up you just might find your overall income is higher than if you were to jump directly into the first tier with affiliate offers.
Some advertisers (the owner of the offer which you are promoting) allow for a single offer to be directed across multiple tiers but it’s important to always check the offer description in any network to know you’re advertising to the appropriate countries at all times. Attempting to cheat any CPA Network is a guaranteed way to get kicked out and lose your commissions. You might get away with it for a short while in some cases but these networks take security and fraud prevention extremely serious so do yourself a favor and follow the rules, it will pay off for you in the end far better than trying to cheat the system.
Tier Three: These are usually referred to as “developing countries” and tend to have lower purchasing power compared to the first two tiers but they are still an excellent source of traffic for the right opportunities. Below is an easy to digest chart of all three tiers for you to reference in the future. Feel free to bookmark this page for future reference if you’d like to check back in the future.
|TIER ONE||TIER TWO||TIER THREE|
|Finland||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Bahrain|
|New Zealand||Costa Rica||Burundi|
|Sweden||Czech Republic||Cape Verde|
|United States of America||Egypt||Congo|
|Republic of Korea (South)||Nigeria|
|Saudi Arabia||Sri Lanka|
|Thailand||Trinidad & Tobago|
|United Arab Emirates||Uganda|
Which Tier Should You Focus On?
Well, it really depends on what level of marketing you’re on and what your budget is like. If you’re new then you might want to stick with tier two, and perhaps dabble in the 3rd tier while staying far away from tier one. The reason for this way of thinking can be broken down to a number of factors:
- Your experience level: If you don’t yet have the experience to know when you’ve got a winner or a loser on your hands after a few days of testing then you’re in over your head. One of the biggest mistakes we all make in the beginning is seeing someone else do well and think we can just copy them and see the same results. What you’re not taking into account is the fact that they have the experience and you don’t… yet.
- Traffic Volume: Tier one traffic is basically a limited volume based on the simple fact that there are so many fewer countries which fall into it. What this means is you’re going to burn through your potential viewership of each ad far quicker than if you focus on the other two tiers. Granted “ad blindness” will happen to any offer which means you must constantly update and change your ads to keep conversions coming, but you’re going to discover it’s necessary to do this far sooner when dealing with the 1st tier of traffic vs. the others. This is not a bad thing but just something to keep in mind.
- Offer Restrictions & Opportunities: Many offers in tier one have restrictions which must be followed lest you wind up with a banned account on that network. In a lot of cases you will find that tier two and three have fewer restrictions on what you can claim within your own advertising to their offers. This is not to encourage you to use shady practices but instead to just let you know that you don’t usually need to worry as much about what you can or can’t claim based on the CPA offer itself. You still have to follow the rules of your Ad Networks (where you place your ads) but keep in mind that many of the native ad networks are pretty open to what they’ll allow provided you’re not doing anything shady or illegal.
- Cheaper Testing & Data Collection: There is a common phrase in the marketing world which says you’re not losing money but instead simply “buying data” and it’s absolutely true. Granted, you may run an ad which turns out not to be profitable but if you are doing your job of keeping track of your data then you can turn that information into profit in the long run. Find out which ads convert and from which locations and traffic sources is a HUGE part of success in the CPA game. If you find that an offer is working well in the 2nd and 3rd tier traffic sources then you may be able to translate that information to similar offers in the 1st tier with just a slight bit of tweaking of your ads.
How You Can Learn More About This
As mentioned at the beginning of this post, you can learn a lot more about CPA Marketing and how these three tiers of traffic can serve you best by joining forces with us… we offer a free membership to get you started with an option to upgrade later on if you choose.
What this means is that you have 100% absolutely nothing to lose when checking us out because you’ll not only get access to the community for free which is a very valuable resource all on it’s own, but you also get to check out our entry level training program which is the entire thing, we don’t limit you access or cut anything out of it.
On the other hand…
If you do finally decide to join the rest of the upgraded members then you’ll have access to all of our killer training which will teach you how to basically become a CPA marketing genius, explain the details of the different traffic sources featured in this article as well as a ton of other stuff that is updated all the time.
Webinars from the creator of Powerhouse Affiliate, live case studies that hold absolutely nothing back so you can see how entire campaigns are done from start to finish and of course your ticket into our Facebook group and way more that I can’t even list here simply because it would add another thousand words to this thing and I’m sure you’re sick of reading by now.
Just come check us out, get your free account and see for yourself all the wonderful things we’ve got waiting for you just around the corner. Oh, and we just installed a new options for our members which allows them to build their own websites and host them with us for free so you can kiss those hosting fees goodbye when you sign up with us as a premium member!
Latest posts by Jay (see all)
- How To Find Ideas To Write About For Blogs, or Literally Whatever You Want! - June 10, 2019
- Can Native Ads Boost Blog Traffic? Here’s A Hint: YES! - June 3, 2019
- Here’s What to Look For When Picking an Affiliate Network - May 28, 2019